The following steps explain how to activate your existing QuickBooks account(s) or create one or more new QuickBooks accounts for Web Connect online access.
First Time QuickBooks Connection
- Connecting your account to QuickBook.
Step 1: Log on to your CSB Online Banking account.
Step 2: Click on the "History Button" on left menu.
Step 3: Click on the "Download" button in middle of page.
Step 4: Choose the appropriate account.
Step 5: Choose the Download Format to "Web-Connect QuickBooks". click "Download" button.
Step 6: Select Open from the File Download dialog box.
- A dialog box appears that asks whether you want to process transactions now or save them for later processing. Click the "Have QuickBooks process these transactions now" radio button to continue.
- The Select Bank Account dialog box appears.
- Click the "Use an existing QuickBooks account" radio button and select an account from the drop-down list, or click the "Create a new QuickBooks account" radio button and type a name for the account, and then click Continue.
- When QuickBooks confirms that your Web Connect data has been successfully read into QuickBooks, click OK.
Keeping Your QuickBooks Accounts Up-to-Date
From the Online Banking Center, you can download transactions, view a summary of your transactions, and enter downloaded transactions into a QuickBooks register.
From the QuickBooks Banking menu, choose Online Banking Center.
- In the Online Banking Center (in QuickBooks), select a financial institution from the Financial Institution list box.
- In the Items to Send area, click the desired statement and then click Go Online.
- When your financial institution's website appears, follow the instructions on the website to download your transactions into QuickBooks.
- In the Items Received From Financial Institution area, click the desired statement and then click View. The Match Transactions window appears.
- In the Match Transactions window, check the Show Register check box.
- From the list at the bottom of the Match Transactions window, choose a transaction to add to the register and then click Add to Register.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to perform the desired activities.
- When the transaction appears in the register, choose an account for the transaction from the Account drop-down list and then click Record.